Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Edinburgh Friends Festival

I have a load of mates in Edinburgh it transpires. Turned up here with only Jo from school to count, and that started patchily, but

discovered the lovely Miss Jane Colenut, of previous school walking fame, is here
who leant me her boyf for inclusion
repaired things with Jo and made friends with her partner Laura
and her boyf PC
then bumped into Louisa from my Sydney acting class (who I had forgotten lived here)
and her lovely man Miles
who are doing dinner with a group of friends for me tonight

and suddenly, it's raining friends and I'm just about to leave

So I have agreed to come back for 4 weeks post holiday lured by a pay rise and a want to see it further through

sold another two ads in the last two days
Am actually getting people ringing me now.

Have realised I want to live alone, have never done it before and am loving it. Sadly also did the sums on what that means I need to earn if I live in London, which is loads. Sell your soul to the private sector loads. Or hope for a miracle

No news yet on Shelter either. But that's ok I think.

Woke at 2am this morning and decided that the fire throwing mistress I met in Bali who designs the most fabulous clothes, but hates selling them, should team up with me. Wrote down ideas for three hours, just cos it was keeping me awake anyway.

Hoping I can persuade her to let me help as a spare time project. Alongside writing. Which is progressing well . The plot is done, the characters are largely done. The first few chapters are in draft. Hoping Italy will give me a bit of space to think through and get into shape. Hoping by August to have something worth showing around to try and elicit some interest.

That's me. The funny man is still running scared.
I thought about texting 'I am outside your front door, let me in' last night. Naturally I wasn't but there's a bit of me going, 'well if he thinks I am crazy, hey, play with that'. The other wiser bit prevailed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home