Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I am so fickle

Totally out of love with most of the Celebrities on celebrity Love Island, bar Lee Sharpe of Manchester united fame (not just because he could probably get Rood's number) and Lady Isabella Hervey who seem the only ones with under control egos.

Rebecca Looe's doe eyed 'I can't seem to manage fidelity' got me over that mini-crushette faster than you could say 'home wrecker'.

All in all the celebs are conducting themselves in a manner I haven't seen since the Kent University Rugby team played drinking games after matches. all ego, mayhem and wanna fight nonsense with a dash of 'i really love you' (cos I've known you two weeks) chucked in. I am still glued to the telly.

Only tonight I have a double date, half work, half with an old school friend, doubled booked so combine was the idea. I will endeavour not to rush off early to catch the last fifthteen minutes because that would be really sad wouldn't it?

The job application is nearly done. I have been wrestling with the 'what should I do with my life' demons again since the opportunity came up. I don't want to apply unless i can commit to at least three years of it. That means saying goodbye to lots of things, Australia and residency, the Balinese possibility, a summer even as sporadic as London could offer. (it's six degress colder here than London every day - and currently seems like full on Winter).

However I chatted to the demon a lot, said look, no half hearted applications, you decide to go for it then you go for it girl, and yes that's a lot of goodbyes but also a lot of hellos. hello fabulous job, hell0 city that offers a lovely lifestyle, hello serious managemnent / delivery experience, hello decent money, hello a chance to feel good about my career after a spell that at best could be described as draining. Hello no boss, hello using my leadership skills.

So I am applying. I am in a whirlwind of job descriptions, person specifications and covering letters, I am pondering what to edit and whether I've covered the full gauntlet of saint the post seems to require.

The job here on the mag has suddenly become fun. The girls have chilled out a lot and I have done likewise, the belief is growing in the product we're pulling together and the revenue looks achievable if tough to tie down three months ahead of the launch date.

Then comes Italy, a week of chilling, chatting and spilling beans with my University and so much more since girls. I can't wait.

I think I am the luckiest girl alive sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home