Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Then out of nowhere comes a job

That makes my mouth water. Head of Shelter Scotland. Huge punt that would require a big step up for me to manage an organisation with 115 staff, so I call the recruitment guy and say 'look I think it's out of my league but this is what I've done....' He says, no, not out of your league at all, let me please encourage you to apply....

hopes are not up, and it would mean a massive change of plans if I got it... But there's a bit of me going, maybe this is why I am here, networking like crazy in a new town.

I'm applying, strill think it would take fabulous references, a very glossy spin on my experience and a stroke of luck coupled with a knock em dead covering letter to even get me in the door, I'll give it my best, see what happens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home