Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The blog got sporadic

Amid the mayhem of trying to persuade Shelter Scotland that I am in fact the saintly all rounder who can juggle a million tasks whilst shedding sweetness on staff and looking gorgeous on camera.

The application is currently sitting with my favorite HR whiz-woman in all the world who's doing her 'too much information, cut cut' stuff as I write.

The application goes in tomorrow.

Life in Scotland has had a sunny blip today and suddenly I can see myself living here again. Given that this is the only sunny blip in what should have been the end of spring and the start of summer, I'm not sure how long it'll last.

The networking / ad selling frenzy hots up, tomorrow it's the launch of the Edinburgh fringe Festival, last night was Harvey Nics summer party (less party, no summer) the night before the world's least interesting seminar which seemed to go on for hours.

As I am currently detoxing in an effort to look gorgeous come my Italian holiday in less days than it'll take to shift the plethora of ginger biscuits and Cadburys products sitting on my midriff, the party circuit just got a whole lot duller. There's naught like saying 'oh , is that water?' and wanting the skewer the waitress with her hoi sin kebabs when she loitered longer than is healthy for any faster, to kill the amusement.

Fortunately fasting day is over, veggie day is over and I am now savouring strawberries as if they had been dipped in Green and Black Orange Spiced chocolate, which naturally they haven't.
Today I sold the second ad, we need to fill about twenty pages, so it's not going stormingly, but this one counts as two as I didn't have to haggle one bit and therefore got twice the expected page rate. It sounds worse than it is, we have others coming and the girls have sold none between them so I am not getting hammered, but still, the mountain is steep and the commission not exactly getting me out of my overdraft crisis.

That's me, and where are you all?

J x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home