Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Dip me in chocolate and feed me to the sexy folk

I know I am ready to start dating now.

The me, myself and I phase is over. Buried.

The Balinese man still rocks my boat above all others (others being the odd virtual flirtation from January to now but no action as such), and could have my heart on a platter. I may try and see him in the summer. But. In the meantime, the pherenomes are raging and he has said nothing to get me carving at the rib cage.

Yesterday I met this woman who has a fashion shop, a hugely successful swanky top end one that stocks the kind of clothes that made me realise why some women sleep with men for money.

weird, given I had spent half the night thinking clothes and business, that the meeting happened when it did.

Anyway, this woman, whose mum opened the shop, had a philosophy degree, had been a catwalk model for a bit, then came home, helped mum out and doubled mum's profits in the process so took over.
She's 31, and on those most eligible lists.

I sat in this meeting, with my editor, feeling like a child with aspergers on the verge of shouting 'please, run away with me, let's get married, have you ever done girls?'
But decided said Ed wouldn't like it.

Then I go to dinner
With seven of the most lovely people I have ever had the pleasure of dining with
Including a female couple who restored my battered faith in female couples.
And Louisa and Miles who restored my faith in love full stop.

Get this girls
Miles spends Saturday boot shopping with Louisa
A whole day, lots of advice, not one whinge, not one 'is it lunch time yet'.
they don't find what she's looking for.
later that week he's walking past a charity shop
Sees a, brand new labels on and everything, pair of boots.
Thinks, 'now we didn't find them but they sound exactly what Lou said she wanted'
Nips in
Secured a two hundred quid pair of boots for a fiver
and got the choice spot on.

For the cynic boys going 'obviously not shagged her yet', I should point out they have been together for five years.

Were I a get rich quick so I can shop in the Amazonian Princess' Edinburgh boutique kinda girl.
I would have stolen a swab of his DNA whilst pretending to do a Gillian McKeith tongue analysis, sold it for cloning and been well on my way to fame and fortune this morning.

instead I just spent the night telling him how perfect he is.
I had a fabulous evening.
I love friends.
I love my friends
I want more and more of the ones I have already. I want to make up for the two and a half years I've largely missed. And stop collecting new ones now. I have enough. I am sated.
I am, as I have said before, the luckiest girl alive.

And, ready to play again. So if anyone wants to do any of those, set you up dinner party things, with lots of sexy people and some really good music, please invite me.

J x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home