Sunday, September 18, 2005

Hankering for artistic Freedom

Much as I love the civil service, and I do, it does have the habit of setting a million other dreams aflutter in me.
My job is amazing, I couldn't have asked for a better one.
The people I work with are lovely.
Yet, the weight of the machine has me craving artistic ambitions. Burlesque images assail my imagination and no amount of grey suits can assuage them.

I'm using the day off each week to go into business with the flame thrower I met in Bali who designs clothes that make my mouth water.
I'm still dreaming of the bar / cabaret / music venue.
I'm still dreaming of writing.
I'm staying put beyond the clothes venture for now, staying with my job until we deliver what we need to deliver, but long term, enticing as the pension is, I'm still not sure I'll ever collect it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home