Thursday, September 15, 2005

New Toy

There's nothing like a language barrier to reinforce the value of understanding. There's nothing like pigeon English and sparrow Indonesian to make words I can't use assume gigantuan proportions.
There's nothing like an internet based translation tool, I discovered today, to make me feel beautifully, suddenly, liberated.

I have no idea how well it works. I painted him verbal pictures for the first time. Put the struggle for simplicity aside. Sent him the link, with instructions for use I'm not sure his computer skills are up to.

Even it's if it's beyond the limit of what he knows now, even if it's a one sided conversation, for the first time, it was the conversation I wanted to have. Nothing deep, nothing seriously, just playing with words.

sod the ipod, move over PS2, au revoir gadget phobic old me. I've a gadget that rocks my boat. It does everything gadgets were meant for, saves time, makes life simple, gives pleasure. No savings required, except on sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home