Monday, September 12, 2005

How Jammy?

So I go to my boss. Say, 'look mate, I have no life'. I've decided - I'm doing my hours twice over - I need to have a life outside of work - currently it ain't happening. ' Can I do 4 days, intensive (i.e normal) effort, then if sometimes I need to pick stuff up at the Weekend it won't hurt so much?'. Add that the staffing situation is due to ease, and a promise I'll get the job done. He says, 'whatever honey, fine by me'. (As expected, hard to say that ain't fair when he's swanning like a lunchboxed ballerina and I'm grafting like a pit pony.)

How much do I love the civil service though when stuff like that happens?
Off on Friday's normally, but tomorrow this week as I'm being flexible!

Duly refreshed and impressed with my own courage. Full pay, 4 days - did 13 hours today, and didn't mind a bit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home