Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My life

Can currently be found crumpled somewhere between my inbox, reading mountain and 'deliverables this week' list.

I'm working harder than i can ever remember working. Everyone's decided I'm fantastic which is all well and good, but gives me a lot to live up to.

My boss is a swanner, a man who just about does his core hours and complains of being stretched whilst the team under him pick up the pieces. He is however lovely so I resolve to try and get a bit of his work life balance whilst not letting him down.

I can't believe I'm only six weeks in, my skin has gone civil service grey, evenings and a social life are out of the window, even the basics like blogging and banking and having the odd early night seem impossible.

Plans are currently dreams, a thousand practical things like a place to live, flown out of the window. I am running on empty already.

I thought today the end was in sight, I've recruited a fabulous new woman, and my deputy's back from leave Monday, only turns out he's likely to be poached so it's a case of new people to train and rotating gaps to fill.

I want a bit of balance back, but luckily, I love the agenda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home