Tuesday, August 23, 2005

a friend said

When it comes down to it, most of us are very conservative in our love choices.

maybe she's right.
not sure I do conservative in anything well though.

being unconventional always interested me more.
this weekend Julie B divided the world, via her column, into bohemians (or Bohos as we brits seem to now call them), and bourgeoisie. The latter I think was intentionally antagonistic, even the conventional 2.4 kids and a 4x4 surburban dweller, would probably object to the label. Not without reason.

I loved the column
Partly cos I've been grappling with the sudden outbreak into conventionality amongst my circles.
And thinking, horses for courses and all that, but please, save me from settling.
Save me from choosing a mate on the basis 'if I don't hurry up all the good ones may be gone' (I kid you not, someone said that to me, surely not, they're all just about to come on the market again I reckon, mid thirties, ripe for the courts...!)
Save me from covering up my cleavage in case someone thinks I'm a whore cos my best asset look better out than under a jumper, 'it's shelf avoidance', I say to that lady. A ledge between your chin and your navel is matronly. An out there who cares cleavage, is in my book, more admirable and aesthetically pleasing.

Ok, so maybe I'm not into the Julie B snort your way to distance from 'respectable living' stuff, but, ditching that, I'm standing firm in my right to do a Frank. Do it my way. And yes, you're all probably right, my way will probably end in tears, yet ladies and gentlemen, if it doesn't, well, the stakes were high, but, in my opinion, worth playing for.

The potential prize, a life, true to myself. Even if it's tougher than my dino-feet, harder than a 50 year old virgin's cock poised unsteadily over a, first time, issue of playboy.....(Surely, the metaphor's worth overcoming, for the idea behind it?) I think so... That's a life worth taking risks for I reckon. Watch this space, egg on face, most likely, en route....

1 Comments:

Blogger Xprints said...

Bravo! Yes! A life true to yourself indeed.

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home