Sunday, January 01, 2006

It doesn't take a lot of hindsight

To see that 2006 is in contention for my most welcome new dawn to date. Thirty minutes does it.

Last year had some truly memorable highlights. Swimming with dolphins, dancing with Max barefoot on a beach, swirling my skirt to the Scissor Sisters at Amy's wedding, getting to know my wonderful nieces, reading the Kite Runner on holiday with my women, bringing pleasure with my camera in Bali.
But, on the whole, I'd stick it a drawer labeled 'dreadful. Bloody good riddance'.

This one will be better.
I've stopped smoking.
I'll be getting in my own bed for the first time in a year next weekend.
I've been promoted, albeit only to my own job.
The novel is getting written.
The baby is growing inside me.
The sickness is nearly over.
Ditto the tiredness apparently.

Life is seriously looking up.
I feel like after a year of being seriously derailed by a whole load of energy thrown in directions I wouldn't revisit, I'm in with a chance of getting it closer to right in 2006. I'm focusing on the big piece of paper.

My hormones are going ballistic.
I want to cry a lot. That's ok. I'm seeing it as a shedding process.
A saline tide to wash last year away, leaving tracks where the hard lessons have been. They'll guide me if I need to revisit.

This is my 100th entry here. I feel it's time to bring things to a close. Getting naked is currently a long way from top of my priorities. This blog has served me well, but the gypsy is moving on. Let me know if you want to stay with me as I tell in a new set of stories, in a new place in cyberspace. You can email or leave me a message here and I'll check back for a while.
Happy New Year

J x

4 Comments:

Blogger Xprints said...

Oo baby! how fab

yes please

9:49 am  
Blogger Gruff said...

yes please

11:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Just called Gavin at work to tell him and he said to say congrats too.
Have been away so only just caught up on reading your stuff now.
I'd love to have the link for your new one if that ok.
jackie xxx

5:28 am  
Blogger Gavvybear said...

A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my word Julie, that is fantastic. I would love the link to your new blog, I havent blogged in ages, life is just too frikkin crazy, work, Mardi Gras, love, lust, dancing, laughter...just the same old stuff :)
When are you due?
love gav x

2:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home