Sunday, November 20, 2005

I'd forgotten

How marvellous time with my neices and nephews is.
Suddenly the world lifts, rubbish dates, working late, bah humbug, give me the kids.
Ben and I went to see Harry potter 4. He's 11 now which amazes me. How did that happen? The phone call annoucing he was heading down the canal seems so recent. The night little sis said 'don't let him get smothered by the duvet cos that's how cot death happens' and I spasmed and duvet flapped every 30 seconds, seems months rather than over a decade ago. The film was marvellous. The nephew who has, for 11 years, been the total apple of my eye, a tad too teenage to fawn over. Yet the fact he still does the 'not big enough not beig enough' cuddle routine, even in public, compensates for the hormones.
Then there's the girls. Isobella Queen of crowhurst, regal at three. With the best sense of humour I have ever come accross. She's lost the self-consciouness of only a few months ago and was dancing and flinging her arms around a very narrow car seat as i joined them; despite half a brother wedged up against it (the other half was sandwiched between his other sisters seat), and a seatbelt.
Evie, the baby, is walking. Well, running full pelt without any regard to objects, surfaces, corners, rugs, or her own safety. She also gurgles, does 'uh-oh' and lauches herself full throttle like a nappied tornado at members of the family for a hug.
I had less than 24 hours with them, feel a decade younger.
Note to self, do it more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home