Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Natural Head Rush.....

I have had the most fabulous week. Max and I played 'entrepreneurs' for two whole days. We went to the 'ideas space' (how PC is East London these days? It's a library) and found our name. We'd been brainstorming as we meandered along the South Bank. Decided it had to be something unconventional, had to say something about us. We settled on the name of a nomadic tribe from Botswana, in tribute to our inner gypsies and desire to explore Africa. It also reflects of the fact that her stuff is really tribal, really natural, raw and breathtaking in a why would you bother polishing it, just serve it up as it is, way. Naturally the name's all hush hush until we get it registered, but I can tell you, as it's you, that we've got what I think is possibly the most beautiful looking word in the world.

We designed our business cards, talked strategy, and managed to explore the best bits of London at the same time. We talked about the kind of stuff we want to sell, the kind of ways we want to sell it, defined our ethos and still had time for dancing.

She is everything I would want in a business partner, creative, imaginative, and with a 'you have to wear it all, be a walking advert' ethos. She's making me a costume, a theatrical full on, reflection of how she sees me, costume. I can't wait. She's planning to take lessons from a hatter next year. She kept asking, what did I want her to make? I just want her to do her thing, she does it so beautifully.

Then there's home, Nettie and I have created an oasis. I cook, she loves my food. Perfect combination. We laugh incessantly, chat, then just independently potter. It's very tranquil, the perfect balance to what lies beyond the front door.

Even work has calmed down, I had time to walk round the park for an hour yesterday. Got in at a reasonable hour, left at a reasonable hour, sure it won't last, but eased myself back beautifully after a few days off.

I've smitten with the city, exploring corners I'd forgotten about, finding glorious new alcoves in places I never expected. Spent a few hours walking the streets of Soho, Covent Garden and China Town with Dad and Clarence Tuesday, found myself fighting the urge to skip. Took Max along the river at night and gawped at it's majesty. Walked home through St James park, stared at the beauty of the ICA building spewing light onto The Mall. I find myself dancing at the traffic lights, and it's only two thirds due to the music I'm blessed with.

I'm in one of those places where everything seems amazing, the world is on my side. I get to a station and my trains in. I walk down a deserted path and have a pair of squirrels come and play at my feet. I get given a free gorgeous chocolatey thing by a man I buy coffee from. The Big Issue seller is sharing my headphones and singing with me to the Dixie Chicks, whilst explaining that other than the Beatles, it's his best too. I smile at the goddess in the sky who's looking after me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home