Saturday, October 22, 2005

It's been a long time coming

The scissor sisters have hung on as my top tune to tap feet to for two whole years. An unprecedented period of time for one track, but Filthy Gorgeous is still I reckon a dancefloor anthem that takes some beating. I never envisaged that the Camptastic scissorhood would lose out to the Bratplastic brothers who behave so badly I have to swallow to buy their records, but life's funny like that.
Liam and Noel I discovered are back to their poptastic best with 'believe'. Not since I daily started 'a revolution from my bed' has their music hit the spot inside me with such ferocity. Powerwalking through Victoria Park clutching a bright pink kids walkman (worth every one of it's nine hundred pennies), I really got into 'the importance of being idle'. So much so that I had to start walking cross country in order to be able to sing without the persistent blushing that those joggers who creep up on you, can cause. So much so that having checked no one was looking I had a little dance amongst the autumn leaves. So much so that I didn't even realise until I got home that the serious stomping induced by the beat, had actually caused me to blister my heels.

It's got the best marching band thing going on, it's got brilliant guitar / drum combos and it's even got enthusiastic cymbal playing. And whilst the lyrics are hardly profound, they do make me smile...
'I don't mind
As long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shines
I'll be fine
But Give me a minute
cos a man's got a limit
I can't get a life
If my heart's not in it'

My particular favourites

Thank you to the Goddess who created Pop Music, it's not deep, but it makes me happy.
Oh, and breaking my own rules so recently created in 'note to self', I've got two dates next week. Both with men called Simon. A happy coincidence on the not getting the name wrong front. One wears very comfortable looking jumpers and has just got back from 4 years down under, the other has waited patiently and not complained when I said yes, put him off, then reactivated, his offer of a coffee.

It'd be fair to say that neither have rocked my imagination, but then, not getting excited is probably a better way to go. Lathering myself into an ultimately anticlimatic, daydreaming frenzy, is out from here on in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gruff said...

sorry to hear about the tw*t who let you down. But I'm with you on the Oasis track. The video is fantastic, with Rhys Ifans (not sure of the spelling). Very darkly amusing.

10:55 pm  
Blogger The Gypsy said...

Thanks Gruff

In all fairness have to say he may miss out on my marvellousness, but he isn't a twat. Would naturally have been a lot less bothered were that the case. Twats are easy, it's men with ingrity that have the most power to piss me off!

11:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home