Saturday, July 02, 2005

speak to the Balinese beauty

He's not been in contact for a while. I wasn't sure why. Ring him and discover he's been in a motorbike accident. sounds horriffic. He was hospitalised and had what sounds like head injuries, says it's taken him a few weeks to get back 'normal thinking, without forget'. He says he didn't want to tell me, for fear of worrying me.

His English has improved dramatically. I am very impressed. It's a lovely conversation, the best we've had since I left Bali. We understand each other, free of phone reception and language barriers.

We talk openly about the fact that actually the hurdles between us are pretty insurmountable, he thinks his family will come round in time, I tell him I can't see myself living his life, he says he can't see himself living mine. We agree that we will be friends, keep in contact, get to know each other better without the pressure for resolution of all that. He says he wants me to go back to Bali, I tell him I will get there once I have secured a job. We're both pretty pragmatic, there's a lot of affection and respect. I am sure he will be in my life for a long time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
What happened to the love life entry?
You cracked me up with the "slug in an opium field" thing. I was going to leave a comment later - but, right now, I'm off to do a bit of adventure fishing for the weekend! Hoping a little nibble, jerk, drag will lift my spirits a little. HA!
Have a great one!

3:17 pm  
Blogger The Gypsy said...

sorry vulcan,

changed my mind!

x

6:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home